B.Sc. Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Course length: 3 Years
Fee Structure (In ):
(One – Time)
(One – Time)
(One – Time)
Course Objectives:Providing a broader understanding of the hotel industry and its operations. · Providing a broader understanding of the operational skills and knowledge of the variety of food and beverage operations in the industry, and equip them with the required skills to manage them effectively · Providing students with an understanding of the operational aspects of Front Office and Accommodation management, and the skills required to manage an environment-friendly operation effectively. · Providing students with an understanding of the financial and accounting records used in the hotel industry, and the ways these can aid effective managerial decision making · Providing students with an understanding of the role of personnel management in the hotel industry, and the skills required to manage this resource effectively · Providing students with an awareness of consumer behaviour, sales & marketing and management process in a hotel organisation and its impact. · Providing a broader understanding of the interlinking which occurs within the hotel industry and to develop independent research, professional and study skills which will be required when working in the industry and the duration of the course.
List of Key modules offered in the course:
- Food and Beverage Production
- Food and Beverage Service
- Accommodation Operations
- Front Office Operations
Career Opportunities upon completion of the course:
- Students would be able to work in Hotels, Airlines, Cruise and various retail services
- Achieve operational and managerial skills, knowledge and understanding of the management of hotel establishments and its various departments.
- It will put into effect learning to focus on customer needs and will enhance their knowledge, skills and expertise to become effective hospitality managers. Successful achievement of this programme can eventually lead to supervisory and management trainee posts in the industry.
Eligibility Criteria: Admission to an undergraduate degree at School of Hospitality and Tourism, JLU Bhopal requires a Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) qualification with a minimum of 50% or an equivalent qualification in any discipline from a recognised school under ICSE, CBSE, IB or State Board. Candidates appearing for their HSC examination (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply for admission. Their admission will be subject to their qualifying the exam with the required marks. The selection of candidates will be made based on their academic merit and performance in the Personal Interview round.